IHI Power Services Corp.
IHI Power Services Corp. (IPSC) was specifically formed to provide operations, maintenance, management, and power plant support services to the US power generation industry.
The IPSC team of energy professionals delivers “Value Added” service though years of hands-on experience in the power generation industry.
By using proven programs, industry “Best Practices” and our core “Beliefs and Values”, IPSC provides world-class service to each facility and project we manage.
Diversity Respect and Inclusion
The mission of our D,R&I Council will be to drive IHI’s commitment to make diversity, equity, respect, and inclusion part of everything we do—from how we work together, build our workforce, get involved with our local communities, and choose outside partnerships.
Using industry best practice on fostering diversity, respect and inclusion, the D,R&I Council’s efforts will focus on the following objectives
Ensuring equal access to opportunities for professional growth and advancement by creating and sustaining a culture that recognizes our skill sets, unique qualities and cultural experiences and not letting our unconscious bias be a barrier.
- Creating strategic outside partnerships with diverse organizations to engage and promote a diverse source of candidates, which in turn will create a more inclusive workforce.
- Building capacity and competency to lead a diverse team.
- Promoting diversity awareness initiatives and community partnerships.
- Fostering internal respect and inclusion for driving the council mission and monitoring IPSC accountability.
- Partnering HR and Operations to promote an environment that moves from understanding to valuing and appreciating the benefits that diversity brings within our organization.
- Our diversity, respect and inclusion objectives, and progress toward achieving them, will be assessed quarterly to ensure continuous alignment with our priorities.
IPSC’s Guiding Principles System is founded in working together as a Team. No one person can monitor and control the complete operation of a plant. As a result, we must share our knowledge, skill and experience in tandem to completely understand and productively respond to the challenges of running our plants.
This system establishes a guide for leaders to empower and create opportunities for our Team Members to apply their knowledge and creativity on the job. Every IPSC Team Member is empowered to work in a manner that drives not only our individual success, but IPSC’s success, as well as the success of our Owners.
The Guiding Principles System benefits everyone, from the technician to the plant managers, to stay focused on our business and create an environment where all Team Members are working for a shared goal and optimal results.
The five elements of the Guiding Principles are described below.
- Self-motivated, pursuit of independent learning opportunities
- Seek feedback, take on new challenges
- Questioning attitude
- Learn from mistakes and view as opportunities
Strive for continuous professional, personal, and team improvement. Be objective and open minded to grow our Team.
- Be fair
- Listen with empathy and be fully present
- Be inclusive in decision making
- Share information
- Assume positive intent
- Give credit to all jobs “big and small”
Treat everyone with dignity and consideration
- Be reliable and do what you say you will do
- Be on time
- Admit and take ownership of mistakes
- Don’t blame, make excuses or play the victim
- Find solutions and move on
Accept responsibility. Follow through on commitments with a sense of ownership.
- Actions are congruent with words
- Honest and trustworthy
- Provide direct and honest feedback
- Judge fairly
- Speak the truth
- Give credit to others when due
Hold the highest standards of business and personal ethics
- Adaptability – Agility – Resilience
- Can-do attitude
- Solicit new ideas and share your own, be open for a discussion
- Take calculated risks to facilitate continuous improvement
- Challenge others to take the lead
- Express your own and encourage differing views
- Encourage challenges to “we’ve always done it that way”
- The “boss” is not always correct – be willing to discuss alternate ideas
Empower people to create their own success. Opportunities are endless.